And to help you get through this bitterly cold and snowy week (at least, that's what we're having here in western Massachusetts), here are some giveaways and other cheerful things I've come across recently:
- Free pullover pattern: get Sophie by Pam Allen by signing up for the Quince & Co. e-newsletter.
- Mindy Wilkes, designer of the popular Holden Shawlette and other beautiful patterns, is giving away a pattern to readers of Affiknity; enter by December 24.
- There's a lovely Advent Calendar happening at A Butterfly in My Hair. She's featuring a different artisan and a giveaway each day; today's was a beautiful Newfoundland stone encased in delicate crochet.
- Sivia Harding has announced her 2014 Joy of Knitting retreats, held at a lakeside resort in Washington state. Looks heavenly!
- If you're running out of knitting time but want to make more handmade gifts, how about sewing? The simple stitched hot pads at the Purl Bee blog are an easy, quick gift for a cook in your life (or for yourself!).